Link popularity is one of the biggest and one of the most important search engine rankings factors. The search engines allocate authority to a website or web page based on the number of quality links pointing to that site or web page. Link popularity refers to the number and quality of incoming links that are pointing to your site. To build quality links to your web page is hard work that can become monotonous and time consuming. In this article we take a closer look at 5 result driven link popularity strategies.
Questions to ask yourself about your incoming links:
• Are the sites that link to you from the same field or community?
• Do other sites within your field or community link to the sites that link to you?
• Are any of the sites that link to you seen as experts or authority sites within your field?
• Are your web pages optimized for your keywords and is an internal linking structure in place?
Link Popularity Strategies:
1. The Joint or Reciprocal Link Strategy:
• Search for high ranking and popular websites in your field or niche market that are complimentary to your website
• Contact the Webmaster of the site and ask him or her if they would link to your website
• Outline the benefits of linking to your website or content
• Place a reciprocal link to the site that you want the link from on your website
• Keep your link request email personal in order to grab the attention of the Webmaster
• Specify the anchor text and description of the link to your site that you want them to add
• Do not place more than 50 outgoing links on one of your web pages
• Do not spam prospective link partners
2. The Link Visibility Strategy
• Engage with discussion lists that allow links and that are related to your topic or niche market (Yahoo Groups is a good place to start)
• Place a link to your website in chat rooms and guest books
• Join and post questions in forums that allow links
• Post to newsgroups and place a link to your website in the post
• Place a link to your website in your email signature
• Offer a contest or sweepstakes on your site and submit your site to the contest and sweepstakes directories on the Web
• Offer a discount or gift to anyone that links to your website
3. The B2B Strategy
• Require resellers, partners, subcontractors and vendors to link to your website
• Check that all employee speaking engagements at trade shows are listed in the online brochure for the show and ask for a live link back to your site
• Submit technical papers to websites that are interested in the subject matter or that offer technical papers for a fee
• Submit your site to all the business directories on the Web
• Apply for awards programs and nominate your products
4. The Social Media Strategy
• Open a Twitter account and post tweets daily with links back to your site
• Start a Facebook Fan Page for your business with links back to your site and content
• Start a Blog and post your blog entries to your Facebook Fan Page or Twitter profile
• Submit your site URL to social bookmarking sites
• Ping your blog regularly using a service like Ping.fm
• Make it easy for users to share your web page content by installing a share button
• Install a Facebook “like” button on your website
• Comment on relevant Blogs or forums and place a link to your website in your username.
5. The Content Strategy
• Write keyword rich original and unique articles about relevant topics
• Submit your articles to article directories and/or blogs
• Place links back to your website in the article body or resource box
• Use your main keywords in the anchor text of the links back to your site
• Become known as an expert in your field
• Stay on top of new developments and product launches in your field and be the first to write about it.
• Contact high ranking blogs and forums in your field and become a guest blogger
• Start an E-zine and publish all of your articles online with links back to your website
• Allow Webmasters to post your articles on their websites for free as long as they include a bio with links back to your site
All of the above link popularity strategies will improve your website link popularity if used correctly. For the best results it is advisable to use a combination of all 5 strategies as part of your search engine keyword optimization campaign. Remember to monitor the results of your strategies and to check that your reciprocal link partners are still linking to you on a regular basis.[ad_2]